IDEAS CONTEST – Prevent for Work: 1st International Meeting on Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders
The Knowledge Alliance Prevent4Work (funded by Erasmus + programme) for Preventing Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders aims at establishing a network which will develop innovative educational content adaptive mobile Health (mHealth) tools, high quality evidence-based material and actions that can be implemented in EU to prevent Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders, addressing the gap in educational programmes focusing on occupational health, with participation of higher education institutions (HEIs), information and communication technology enterprise (ICT), educational Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and clinical expertise (Prevent4Work Observatory). The target groups are workers and enterprises from different sectors of activity, trainers, health professionals, HEIs and other stakeholders.
Prevent4Work is coordinated by a consortium formed by: San Jorge University (www.usj.es), INP Academy and Gesolab from Spain; Deparment of physiotherapy at University College of Northern Denmark and Aalborg University from Denmark; Galeazzi Ortopedic Institute and VITECO from Italy.
The objective of this Ideas Contest is to promote innovative ideas in the area of Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders.
The Prevent4Work Consortium is looking for new ideas that can be developed through educational material to help health professionals and workers to increase their knowledge and understanding in this topic.
More information about the project, objectives and participants can be found at www.p4work.com
This is a call for ideas that can be translated into an educational video for the following topics:
– Prevention (including management) through exercise
– Prevention (including management) through changes in life style
– Prevention (including management) through psychosocial interventions
– Education on any of the previous topics
– Innovative use of technology that may provide improvement in all the above topics
– Any innovative idea not included in this list that may in the opinion of the author(s) provide value to the p4w initiative
The categories and criteria are listed below. Each proposal will receive a score in all categories, and the winners will be those with the highest overall scores. While scoring is defined here as 1, 3, or 5, judges will also be permitted to assign scores of 2 or 4 on the overall 1-5 scale.
THE INNOVATION SHOWN
- 5 = Breakthrough innovation that potentially changes how impact is achieved; generates enthusiasm and support.
- 3 = Moderately innovative; different but not game-changing.
- 1 = Interesting idea, but not fundamentally or distinctively innovative.
POTENTIAL FOR SOCIAL IMPACT
- 5 = High impact
- 3 = Moderate impact
- 1 = Low impact
POTENTIAL FOR IMPLEMENTATION IN ENTERPRISES
- 5 = High implementation
- 3 = Moderate implementation
- 1 = Low implementation
- 5 According to the project objectives and evidence based
- 3 Some points are not evidence based or not directly aligned with the project objectives
- 1 The approach doesn´t fit into the project or content is not evidence based
There is no limitation in the participants that can apply (individual participant, group of interest, professionals, students, enterprises, other stakeholders, etc.).
The required documentation includes:
- Fill the contact form that is available on the Ideas Contest page.
- A 3-minute (maximum) video explaining your idea.
The speech in the video must be in English.
Participants consent to be photographed and videotaped, as well as to the use of these photos and videos with promotional purposes of P4Work project in any media. Consent will be asked for in the application form, including GDPR sections.
A maximum of 10 selected proposal will be presented directly in the Prevent for Work: 1st International Meeting on Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders in Milan, on Friday 15th November. Presentation can be done directly by the participants in the Congress or remotely.
Applications can be submitted until 15th October 2019.
P4Work will offer Travel Grants for the best Ideas awarded in the Prevent for Work: 1st International Meeting on Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders. Awarded participants will receive these Travel Grants to attend the 2nd P4Work Symposium – Work related musculoskeletal disorders which will be organized in Aalborg, Denmark, in 2020.
Travel grants are awarded on the basis of scientific merit using the evaluation process of the Scientific Committee based on “Assessment Criteria”.
Awardees will be notified once their abstract has been accepted for presentation. The presenting author needs to present a valid ID card or passport (for identification and age verification). Awarded participants will receive a prize consisting of:
- Developing the idea by a professional team (professional production)
- Joining the P4Work to be supervised by experts in the area
- Grant for accommodation and travel to attend the 2nd Congress in Aalborg, where awarded Ideas will be presented
Award Terms and Conditions
- Documents submitted are confidential. However, the PREVENT4WORK project and Fundación Universidad San Jorge will be allowed to disseminate the name of the participants, the social media sheet, and the video they submit.
- Participants declare that all submitted data are accurate and true.
- Participants commit to communicating any changes to their personal data
- Participants consent to be photographed and videotaped, as well as to the use of these photos and videos with promotional purposes in any media. Consent will be asked for in the application form, including GDPR sections.
Contact and Information
Fundación Universidad San Jorge
Campus Universitario Villanueva de Gállego
Autovía A-23 Zaragoza-Huesca, Km. 510
50.830 Villanueva de Gállego – Zaragoza (SPAIN)